Friday 30 September 2011

Soulstyce BMX contest - Los Angeles

For 2011 the Soulstyce Hip-Hop event had both BMX dirt and flatland contests. Super exciting seeing Matthias D and Alex J come out from Paris France as well as Aaron F and John Y. I qualified 6th behind Frosty, which was ok after a tough week of not riding due to a sore back! ouch!

More controversy for BMX flatland judging in the United States on this one aha. Ill say (for the most part) I agreed with the qualifying results in both classes but in finals I have no idea what happened. No offence to anyone involved but in my opinion I had Matthias in front in both final and best trick without question and Todd Carter in 1st in the Am class. You definitely cant doubt the judges riding levels (Chad J, Ed N, and Bill F) but maybe the scoring system used was the error? All I know is I think I peed a little when Matthias hit the FULLCAB-HALFCAB NOSE WHEELIE-HALF CAB WHIP at the very end of best trick ahaha! So sick!!


Check the photos!

2 OGs



Ed and Frosty

Matthias and Alex

Todd C shredding

Sean Stack entered AM flat on my bike haha!

I was told finals score sheet was destroyed, but why?? hmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.